Thursday, April 24, 2008

Our 20 week Appt

We had our 20 week appt and ultrasound today. The baby was very active and moving infact"he" yes he (ITS A BOY) was boxing the umbilical cord. Everything looked normal, he looked right at us. He is measuring like he is going to be tall and already is 15 ounces, he was sucking his hand and doing summersaults. The ultrasound also puts me at 21 weeks and 6 days and not 20 weeks so that has moved us up 2 weeks. After all this great happy news we find out that my doctor is leaving the practice and she is a great midwife too! I am going to miss her, but I chose another Nurse Midwife who is in the same practice and we see her in May. I also got the news that I have Placenta Previa which means the Placenta is laying low covering my cervix, they said that sometimes it migrates up as the baby grows however if it doesnt then I will have a C Section at about 35 weeks. This can cause bleeding and I am to call if I have any bleeding. Its a little scary because if I do start to bleed then they may take the baby no matter how far along I am. But for now I can keep doing things normally and see what happens. I also got the okay to go on a trip in May however the week we come back I cannot travel after that due to this complication. I called the doctors office again to ask more questions after I got home today and the nurse told me that they will repeat the ultrasound at 32 weeks unless the new nurse midwife wants to do it sooner when we see her in May and this early in the 2nd trimester they dont worry about this too much that 90% of the cases the placenta moves up and away and are able to deliver normally with no complications. We all are very excited, yes we wanted a girl ,but we are happy and looking forward to meeting this little guy. Peyton didnt have a preference but Sarah wanted a boy so she is the only girl. We are ready to shop for a little boy and now I can complete my registry at Babies R Us and add things to our Target Registry now that we know its a boy.

No comments: